Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sharpie Liquid Pencil Final

So, I had said I would post the finals of this project the night before it was due.  Well, funny story!  I had no idea what I was getting into.  Finishing the final drawings for my project/putting everything together took forever to say the least.  I wasn't able to go to sleep.  Basically I was awake from 9:00AM Wednesday, and then was able to go to bed at 10:30 PM on Thursday (after both classes and a lecture that turned out to be two lectures combined into one.)

Crazy.

Anyways, here are my finals!  Sorry about the bottom part of the pictures being shifty in their alignment. It doesn't show up that way in the preview of my editor and the code isn't messed up so not sure what's happening.  Oh well, again, anyways, hope you enjoy!


Print ads part of the campaign.  All read a tag, change your mind at Sharpie.com.
This tag works on two levels, you can change your mind when you're writing or using the pencil,
and you can dare to change your mind about Sharpie as a brand,
it's no longer all about the permanence.

Another important point is that if they don't read anything from the headline,
they'll see Sharpie Liquid Pencil for sure through the accent color.






Examples of how the long headlines can translate into short worded billboards.
The result is a short and witty title to call the new pencil.  Keeping the dynamic way of displaying
the sharpie coming into the frame of the design will be only using billboards that have off-center
polls and creating them into the whole pen.






Front page of direct mail



First spread design


Second spread

Third and final spread.  The darker part shown that says save is a part
that folds down and reveals the coupon underneath


Back page with the extended full version of the tagline for the Liquid Pencil.

This is my first try ever for a copy driven headline.  It went alright I'd say. :] This is what I have so far.  I had originally been planning on drawing out a TV script.  That had to be scrapped since I was taking on too many drawing projects in one campaign and it takes me a long time to draw so that didn't happen unfortunately.  But I will finish it for this soon enough and you'll be updated.    :D

Thank you for looking!  And have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the visitor from Norfolk but I live in Dover. :) I like the sharpine pointing upward. Reminds me of a rocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yeahhh it's not always very accurate hahah. But I had to say I thought the same thing! It's cute. It's funny how our brains make those connections haha.

    ReplyDelete